“Haunted in Havana ~ A Themed Paranormal Weekend at Belvoir Winery and Odd Fellows Asylum”
July 10th-12th, 2020
Investigate an old orphanage, hospital, nursing home, retirement home and cemetery – all in one place!
The historical Odd Fellows Home District in Liberty, MO is home to a sprawling set of buildings that once served and housed the orphaned, indigent, and elderly. While the former orphanage has been transformed into what is now the Belvoir Winery and Inn, the remaining buildings still await their fate. The passage of time has taken its toll on these old haunted halls, all of which you will have the rare privilege to roam when you join us for this two day event.
Join us as we assemble paranormal researchers and members of some of the most popular paranormal shows on television for a two day special event this March. Taste local wines, enjoy a Haunted in Havana party, listen to panels and lectures, then actually investigate the Belvoir Winery and surrounding buildings yourself.
Your weekend will include:
- A mixer and meet and greet with your celebrity speakers and guests
- A Friday Night Haunted in Havana Ball
- An up close look at the Traveling Museum of the Paranormal and Occult
- Two days of lectures and panels
- Paranormal Investigations of areas of the property not open to the public, including an onsite cemetery, orphanage, the hospital, the retirement home and bunkers.
- A special edition ‘Strange Escapes’ labeled bottle of Belvoir’s Lucky Pierre blend wine
- Prior to the party on Friday night, there will be a meet and greet with light appetizers.
- For the investigation portion of the weekend, we encourage comfortable footwear and appropriate dress for the weather, as we will be outside for a portion of the investigation. It will be COLD.
- There is a good amount of walking involved during the investigation through these historic building. Participants must be in reasonably good health and able to climb stairs and walk long distances over uneven terrain. These are historic buildings that have remained untouched for a number of years. We will have breathing masks on hand for anyone who has issues with dust.
- Please see our FAQ section of the web site with any further questions.
Schedule of Events*
*Speakers and Schedule subject to change. Upon checking into event, you will be given your final schedule for the weekend.
7:00 p.m. ~ Check In and Meet and Greet
8:00-11:00 p.m. ~ “Haunted in Havana Party”
*Hot in Havana attire encouraged – let’s escape the winter for one night!
11:00 a.m. ~ “Possessions: The Study of Haunted Objects” Dana and Greg Newkirk
12:00 p.m. ~ “Cryptid Crimes: Bizarre Crimes Attributed to Unknown Creatures” with Paranormal Detective, Greg Lawson
12:30 p.m. ~ Lunch Break, (On Your Own
2:00 p.m. ~ “Coffey Talk with Chip Coffey”
3:15 p.m. ~ Gallery Reading with Chip Coffey* ADDITIONAL FEE REQUIRED – MUST BE ATTENDING EVENT TO BOOK
5:00 p.m. ~ Dinner Break, (On Your Own)
8:00 p.m. ~ Led by some of our celebrity investigators and a local TAPS family group, you will rotate in groups throughout the winery and investigate all of the hot spots (or should we say cold spots?!) including: the morgue, the bunker, the cemetery and the hospital.*
*There WILL be wine available at this event. We trust everyone to drink responsibly and know your limits. If, for any reason, we suspect you are intoxicated before or during the investigation – you will NOT be permitted to investigate. There are NO exceptions.
12:30 p.m. ~ “Haunted Science, Old and New” with John Tenney
1:30 p.m. ~ “Investigating with Respect and Integrity” with Amy Bruni and Adam Berry